Introduction to Head Chair Serena Wang



Hello everyone!

My name is Serena and I will be your Head Chair for the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation this year! I am currently a senior at UC Berkeley studying Political Science. This is my third year being involved in Berkeley Model United Nations -- I previously served as the vice chair for BMUN Legal Committee LXV and BMUN Arab League Crisis Committee LXVI.

I am originally from San Diego, and the high school I attended in La Jolla provided me the opportunity to study Arabic. Since then, I have become heavily involved with the National Council on U.S.-Arab Relations, Model Arab League, the UC Berkeley Arabic department, conducting independent research on Middle Eastern affairs, and now, serving as your Head Chair for OIC!

Aside from Arabic, my primary interests include traveling the world, watching Friends on Netflix, and learning foreign languages (my goal is to master 7 languages in my life-time!) I would also say that surviving Berkeley for this long has become a talent in itself.

Now that you know a little bit more about me, I hope that
I will be able to learn about your interests as well!
As I mentioned in the welcome blog, feel free to comment on what kind of topics you would like to see posted (this can be anything!)

See you in March!

-Swang





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resource: Palestinians in Israel

Resource: Women’s Activism in the Maghreb

Absher: Help or Hindrance?