Introduction to Vice Chair Dhruv Mandal



Hello delegates, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance!

My name is Dhruv Mandal, and I will be one of the vice chairs for the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) at BMUN LXVII. I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley double-majoring in Molecular & Cell Biology and Political Science. This is my sixth year being involved in Model UN, and last year, I was a vice chair for the World Health Organization at BMUN LXVI. Besides BMUN, I am involved in the Berkeley Suitcase Clinic and The Berkeley Forum. During my spare time, I enjoy reading, hiking, and playing golf!

The OIC is extremely important due to the number and variety of barriers that systemic problems in Islamic countries present. Delegates will be forced to navigate challenges imposed by the cultural and religious restrictions of Islam, resource scarcity, and issues concerning state-building and territoriality. However, with proper research and enthusiasm, the experience of debating in the OIC will be, I'm sure, an extremely rewarding experience to each and every delegate.

Once again, I am so excited for conference and can't wait to meet you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resource: Palestinians in Israel

Resource: Women’s Activism in the Maghreb

Absher: Help or Hindrance?